While the stock tires that come with your Activa is good and all, but getting a custom one adds to the flexibility. Buying the right tire enables you to use your scooty just the way you want. That being said, here are the key factors to consider while buying the best tire for your Activa in India.
1) Size of the Tire and Fitting
Manufacturers build types of equipment by maintaining a balance between the performance and the price. While buying a tire or any equipment for your scooty or any vehicle, adhering to the size of the vehicle is an important aspect. The variety of choices available in the market lets you choose your own customized tire where you get to choose the rubber quality, warranty, and the tread design. With a good quality tire, you get better stability, braking performance, and acceleration on the road.
If your scooter tire says “90/100-10 53J, it means:
- The width of the tire if 90 millimeters
- The aspect ratio is 100
- The diameter of the wheel is 10 inches.
- The tires load index is 53, i.e., the maximum carrying capacity.
- J denotes the speed rating (maximum speed of the tire)
2) The Type of Tire
The tire comes in two main types- radial or bias ply.
- In the case of bias-ply, the carcass comes wrapped in fabric layers that result in the formation of a criss-cross pattern. This pattern provides the tire with a cushioning, which helps in getting better stability and control. However, the bias-ply tire loses its shape easily when exposed to a higher speed.
- In the case of radial tires, cord piles form the carcass. The cord piles lie straight across. Polyester, belts of steel, and other fibers lie on top of the cord piles. The radial tires, in comparison to bias-ply, are stiffer and gives a better performance with increased speed. Having a low rolling resistance helps in saving fuel easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When do I need to change my Activa tire?
You need to replace your tire when:
- The tire has large cuts
- Went through extreme conditions
- Scooter was not in use for a long time
- A noticeable sidewall bulge
- The tire reached the TWI mark (Tread Wear Indicator)
2) What is my tire pressure?
Tire pressure is important when it comes to safety or fuel-efficiency. It is denoted by Bar or PSI (Pounds Square Inch). You can often find this information on the vehicle’s petrol cap. Now, the tire pressure is very crucial in order to make your ride as seamless as possible. So, always make sure that your tire pressure remains within a certain threshold.
3) How dangerous is it to drive a worn-out tire?
The decreased depth of the tread has a significant effect on the braking distance. It is especially dangerous on icier roads. Neither less to say, our advice would always be to change the tires as soon as they start to worn out. This way, you can prevent certain accidents.
The above guide and reviews will help you in selecting the best tire for your Activa and make sure that you invest in the best. Further including, all the above-mentioned tires are some of the best you can find out there in the market.
Certainly, each of them comes with their own sets of hidden perks. So, make sure to get the one that works best for you, and you are always good to go.