When you’re on the lookout for a new helmet, the most important thing is to find one that’s comfortable and that fits well. But beyond that, there are a few other things to keep in mind.
Here are some tips for choosing the best helmet for you:
- Consider the type of riding you’ll be doing.If you’re mostly going to be riding around town, you’ll want a different helmet than if you’re planning on hitting the trails or going off-road. Make sure to choose a helmet that’s specifically designed for the type of riding you’ll be doing.
- Think about ventilation.If you’re going to be riding in hot weather, you’ll want a helmet that has good ventilation. Look for helmets that have multiple vents and that are designed to keep your head cool.
- Look for a helmet with a good fit.It’s important that your helmet fits well. A good way to test this is to put the helmet on and fasten the straps. Then, try to move the helmet around on your head. If it slides around easily, it’s too big. If it’s difficult to move, it’s too small.
- Choose a helmet with a visor.A visor can be a great addition to a helmet, especially if you’re going to be riding in sunny weather. It can help to keep the sun out of your eyes and can also provide some protection from debris.
- Make sure the helmet is certified.When you’re choosing a helmet, it’s important to make sure that it’s been certified by the CPSC or another similar organization. This ensures that the helmet meets certain safety standards.